Skip to main content

The Harry Potter series reading spree

Yes. Finally I have succumbed to it. (That was a note to myself!)

After years of evading the book series, as a self proposed challenge, I began reading the Harry Potter series. And man, I was spellbound! I never thought that this book series would be so gripping for me. Of course, I know that the whole world is mad after it, and that I am just another soul into it, but still, it totally surprised me.

I actually wanted to take note as to how much time I would be taking to complete the series. But then, once I got into it, I started becoming a fan. The first two books didn't so much affect me, because I already knew their story through the films. But later on, with the books which I had no knowledge of, it became really thrilling. The curiosity kept increasing. And to add to all this surprise package, another thing blowing me off was my own reading speed. I was reading at a feverish pace. At first I did over 800 pages in a week!!

Towards the end, with books of Half Blood Prince and Deathly Hallows, I was literally eating the book! Reading and reading, through many nights with lack of sleep. And after all this, I managed to finish it two days ago. A total of 32 days of reading, and I have finished books 1 through 7.

I must confess, I am a great fan now! Of the book, of the trio of Harry, Ron and Hermione. Of Dumbledore, whom I consider to be a philosopher.

image courtesy: lifestreamtelevision.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Book Review : A Walk to Remember

                                        A Walk to Remember - Nicholas Sparks      A beautiful love story about a teenage couple. It shows how Love can Happen. It shows that there aren't any preconditions for love. There is no criteria for that so and so characteristics of two persons should meet and that they must gel with each other well. Nothing. Love just Happens. That's what the book explains. But it is a sad story, and realizing the true value of love, is what it does. It nearly brought me to tears. First time for me, by a book.

Should we exist this way ?

The curiosity of mankind with finding Life on another planet has always been there. Various scientific expeditions, telescopes roaming all over the outer space, various researches going on. And often there are reports all over stating that there are life supporting planets many light years away from our own. Considering the philosophical side of it. Suppose if we do come across such a world, where life exists. We as a life form called HUMANS, existing on this third planet of the solar system called Earth. We have our own definitions for things that exist. It was around 5 or 6 years ago that the planet Pluto was deprived of its "planet" status. And there are various things as well, which we define for our own sensibilities. As humans, we are supposed to co-exist with all the fellow living beings on the Earth. But that's not what is happening. Just wonder, that one day, we do discover that there is a life-existing planet other than ours, and there is a life-form as well...

Achieved!

After a whole series of 7-8 months of learning, it's finally done. I have completed the technical certifications which I had been pursuing! Yippee! It feels good to be an internationally certified candidate. What after this, you may ask. Ahead lies another journey. It's back to learning in a college life. I would be pursuing my Masters. And I am thrilled about it!! It would involve learning new things, and there is the excitement of meeting new people. Looking forward to it.